We want to make sure everyone remains safe from COVID vaccine scams. Scammers rapidly alter their tactics and adapt their schemes to the changing landscape, and we anticipate that they will leverage the pending COVID-19 vaccine to prey on unsuspecting beneficiaries. We want to alert you of likely schemes and provide information on how you can protect yourself:
- You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine during this public health emergency.
- The ONLY list to receive a vaccine is the official one from the state at: COVID Vaccine NJ
- You cannot pay to get early access to the vaccine.
- No one from Medicare or the Health Department will contact you.
- No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
- Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicines to prevent the virus. Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19-related treatment.
- If you get a call, text, email — or even someone knocking on your door — claiming they can get you early access to the vaccine, STOP. That’s a scam.
As you receive specific vaccine fraud case information, please notify the SMP Mailbox (email@example.com) and me (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email ASAP. Additionally, if you have a beneficiary who you believe might be willing to speak about their experience with being approached/contacted about this type of fraud, please email me directly.